I'm still using an ancient version of MythTV as my main media center
software. After version 0.24, they kind of destroyed MythMusic, and I just
can't put up with it.

As far as I know, Myth is the only guy with built-in capture card support.

XBMC/Kodi is out there, too, but I'm not sure how much capture that does.
I wish I could use that, but it's support for key reassignment is
horrific...