Sincere thanks. I'm delighted to see an experienced programmer in this
group. I'll put this email in my saved box.

But I must apologize for mostly being sarcastic about a long list of
emails from this group that mostly said nothing.

I feel very comfortable programming and learning more Tcl/Tk/iWidgets
from the wonderful HTML documentation and examples. Same with other
Linux capabilites.

Most of my innovative time is spent pushing cellulosic biofuels. As a
biophysicist I've copied the nervous system to push fiber optic
networking in the early 1980s, now I don't understand the gunked up
internet. These days I copy fire, and think we can create a lot of
higher value fuel by vaporizing cellulose with concentrated sunlight.
The Raspberry Pi, or Arduino Uno could control a lot of mirrors. But
everybody is an expert and there are dozens of variations on solar
energy and cellulosic derived fuels. There is a lot of big money, public
and private, chasing this around the world in the name of climate change
and energy security. People also talk about "smart grid" and "load
balancing" the electric grid. As best I'm able, I contribute the
biophysical chemistry but would love to churn out code at a warm desk
instead.

I wish I could suggest something specific for your kind offer. Just like
developing the internet and integrated circuits in the 1980s, we need a
new economic gameplan today. And it will involve computers and energy,
IMHO. There are quite a few groups in the state active in this area.