I guess at this point I will purchase a 'sed' book. Would you happen to have any recommendations? I apologize as I know in my heart that I challenge myself to help others.

Happy New Year ☺

Thank you Jeff,

paul g

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 22:18:23 -0600
From: chapinjeff at gmail.com
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Bios clock and Linux UTC clock refuse to set at the same time.

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 10:08 PM, paul g <pj.world at hotmail.com> wrote:

Ok so your not understanding the question that's 'cool'. I'm slow but I care' 'ok.. so we know this much. Is there an /etc/default/rcS file on your Fedora computer?
An equivalent file likely exists on Fedora.

I'm not sure where you found that sed command, but on Fedora, the appropriate way to manipulate the hardware clock is with the hwclock command.
  I was getting confused because of my typos and not understanding how to punctuate properly. I never really cared ' vs. " Can you help me?

Thank you for your time.