The '/etc/rc.local' script ---> appears as below on my computer now 'I have performed a soft reboot'.

!/bin/sh -e
#
# rc.local
#
# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
# value on error.
#
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing.
echo 2000 > /sys/module/block/parameters/events_dfl_poll_msecs
exit 0

paul at desk/paul-Lenovo ~ $ cat /sys/module/block/parameters/events_dfl_poll_msecs
2000

0. So we know kernel polling is enabled. As above shown correct? ^

Worked 2 times after reboot then fell on it's face CD/DVD no longer mounts. With either eject or insertion of Media.

dpkg -l | less -->

ii  udisks                                      1.0.5-1                                             amd64        storage media interface
ii  udisks2                                     2.1.3-1                                             amd64        D-BUS service to access and manipulate storage devices

paul at desk/paul-Lenovo ~ $ dmesg | grep "sr0"
[    2.762071] sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 48x/48x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
[    2.762166] sr 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0

1. Is it recommended to uninstall 'udisks' ? Thus allowing udisks2 to be the only installation 'installed' on the system.

2. Should kernel polling #'s from 2000 be raised or lowered perhaps?

3. This is a well known -SMALL to some- | -LARGE to others !BUG!

4. Some links are found below concerning 'THE' bug reports that have been previously filed with the Debian Maintainers.

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=725978  <--note post #50

udevil is a possible workaround; though for a newbie like me it's scary. The 2 below concern udevil via post #40 on bug report #725978

http://ignorantguru.github.io/udevil/

http://igurublog.wordpress.com/downloads/script-devmon/

Thank you for your time.

paul g