Since I replaced the on board system battery and reset the CMOS on my new/used Lenovo m57p Desktop computer. I have had a problem setting the same UTC time between CMOS/BIOS and Linux UTC clock. Now every time I enter terminal and enter the following command.

uname -a

paul at desk/paul-Lenovo ~ $ uname -a
Linux desk/paul-Lenovo 3.13.0-24-generic #47-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 2 23:30:00 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Well obviously that is not the correct time or date. Though the correct time and date is displayed on the Linux Mint 17 64bit edition with Mate desktop 'as the correct time. I heard there is a command using 'sed' to fix this.

1. is this a common issue?

Initially after I installed the new Duracell 2032 battery the system fans were running at full speed; then finally I took note. 'Something is wrong' and then I proceeded to clear the CMOS. I seem to have misplaced the proper weblink but it involved only switching the cmos jumper over to pins 2-3 and powering on the machine and waiting for a series of beeps. Then moving the onboard CMOS jumper back to it's original position. Powering the machine on and then again setting the BIOS configuration values. <--That has cleared the fan issue and any bootime errors that had/were occuring.

Prior of course to this is that I went through an issue which I should have noted immediately upon connecting the machine to even AC power was 'UPDATE THE BIOS FIRMWARE' if possible.

2. Can anyone help me configure my system clock to the Linux clock? <--So I can have the correct time across my entire computer.

Thank you for your time.

Happy New Year 😊

paul g