From someone that is currently going through this recovery…

Sending to Kroll Ontrack will cost $1000 just to look at the data. They quote $8,000 to $18,000 for the recovery.

I sent 8 3TB drives on the 28th of January. 1 drive has been in the clean room since the 3rd. It was less than 1% imaged after 10 days.

Thankfully my insurance company is paying for the $1000 diagnostic and likely the entire recovery (or we’re going to have to crowd source the funds).
—
Ryan