On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 7:42 AM, Jeremy MountainJohnson <
jeremy.mountainjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:

> There may be something in about:config to turn off the warning, but
> you're way better off upgrading the flash library. The last few months
> have been brutal with zero days and drive by downloads with flash.
> And, it's come from everywhere; forums, ad redirects, and compromised
> VPS boxes to name a few.
>
> IMO, like that of Mr. Clug, is to either avoid flash or, my preference
> is to use google-chrome. Chrome has built-in support and the latest
> updates for flash (so long as the browser is up to date). It runs
> really well in Linux (gpu acceleration, native 64-bit support,
> Netflix). And, if you don't need or want to use flash, you can disable
> it easily, under chrome://plugins/.
>
> I tried using the most recent version of Chromium available for Debian.
Flash
content simply doesn't show up.

I would love to not have to use Flash - - - I have thought it was garbage
software
from when I first read about it and ran into it at least 10 years ago. Its
always been about pretty
pictures and dazzle with precious little substance but most web designers
seem
to have fallen totally in love with it and can't function without it.

Any ideas as to where I could let the powers that be know that this POS
software
just needs to be trashed (permanently!!! please)?

(If someone wants to suggest Firefox, their support forums are a total
boondoggle so I
would quite rather not waste time there.)

Maybe someone could tell me how to just force all flash content to appear
in a different
format?
(I'm fishing for ideas on how to get rid of this malware!)

Dee