FYI - FoxFi (PDAnet) and SVTP worked for me on my SPH-D710 SII.  Had and
used the PDAnet tethered version before they added WiFi. Got SVTP WiFi which
worked fine, then FoxFi added their WiFi.  Both workd well until Sprint
updated their Android to 4.1.2 and blocked 3rd party WiFi.  PDAnet tethered
access still works fine, so lack of Wifi isn't a complete show-stopper.

Chuck