I was under the impression to 'reset' the modem as many people buy/find used modems in the garbage or at swap meets.

2a. On this particular device I was under the impression to reset it by depressing a button for 30 seconds. I did that.

3a. Can I get free internet service into my dwelling? I know that is stealing and I do not do that BUT it seems to work. Could the lease still be active?

Thank you for responding Tony.

Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 20:52:23 -0600
From: tonyyarusso at gmail.com
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] DHCP address reservation on Q1000 modem - Question.

You probably got a modem that someone else had previously leased, with reservations and possibly other rules from them.  You'd think they'd get reset between customers, but maybe not.  If you're able to check your network for those MACs great, otherwise you're likely safe deleting the reservations, and can look through the rest of the config for anything "left over".