On 11/27/2015 2:21 PM, T L wrote:

> A typical ISO is either 4-ish GB or 8-ish GB.  A typical feature movie
> encoded into MP4 with HandBrake using the iPhone or iPad preset is 1-2
> GB.
It doesn't even need to be that big.  I set Handbrake to encode DVDs
down 600to 1000 GB - and see no noticeable loss in quality.

Have been using it for years.  Many kids movies (cartoons) compress down
even better.

Then, you are at the point where you forget streaming, and just copy the
files onto the device.  ISO's are going to fill your 64 GB device in no
time... Handbrake encoded files will let you fit many many more.

If you use apple devices, make sure you use the MP4 container. apple
devices won't play things in the (technically better) MKV container (by
default) for various silly reasons, even though the contained file is
H264 encoded in either case.

Everything else in the world will play either MP4 or MKV contained files.

Handbrake will maintain all subtitles and audio tracks (if you ask it
to) and you can script it for bulk conversion.  It does a pretty good
job at picking the correct (longest) title per DVD.

Some Disney DVDs use a copy protection scheme that breaks the DVD
standards, and makes the DVD's appear to have 99 tracks, each of varying
lengths - and playing the wrong one will result in the movie playing out
of order.  On these, typically you have to use another DVD player - VLC
usually works - but sometimes a real physical one - to determine the
correct track number, then ask Handbrake to copy that.

But your ISO extraction process might have already stripped the copy
protection non-sense, as you mentioned you had removed some other stuff
already.