On 08/31/2015 08:18 AM, Tom wrote:
> Hi, Rhubarbpieguy:  Nice to know I'm not alone. I'm located in Eden
> Valley.  My OTA antenna is a DIY 8-bay with 9 1/2" whiskers, along
> with pre-amp setup.  Rescan has not corrected the issue.  Currently
> getting ABC out of Chicago where I expected CBS out of Minneapolis (72
> miles).  What antenna are you using?
> Tom
> P.S.  I am a big rhubarb pie fan as well.  :)

I live in Sioux Falls, SD and use a DIY Gray-Hoverman DB4 design mounted
in a corner window.  I commonly receive CBS (KMEG) and NBC (KTIV) from
Sioux City.  However, over the weekend I lost Sioux City NBC but
received ABC (KCAU).  However, I also received NBC (WOW) from Omaha.
That's quite far for OTA.

Your Chicago reception surpasses mine from Omaha, which is surprising.
If you're still receiving ABC from Chicago I would bet that will
disappear soon.

In the early 90's I subscribed to subscription television to avoid
ghosting and because NBC dropped baseball.  But I gladly dropped
cable/satellite when DTV arrived as there's no longer ghosting.  I do
miss ESPN baseball, but I subscribe to MLB audio and receive every game
for $20/year.  I prefer listening over watching games anyway.

Unfortunately, rhubarb pie is a rarity in Sioux Falls.  When I lived in
Minneapolis it could be found.  You can find strawberry/rhubarb pie, but
diluting a perfectly good rhubarb pie with strawberry leaves me cold.