I ordered a new motherboard (Supermicro) and am happy to
say that things are working finally.

Now I'm wondering if I should buy some thermal paste
and apply that.  I removed the heat sink a number of
times when I was testing the previous configuration.

It's just running on the motherboard box so I have to put
it in the case.  I'm using a thumb drive to get it to boot
and still have to order an ssd.

The first time I tried it I didn't have to push the power button.
I just flipped the switch on the power converter and the fan
started spinning and so on.  The second time I had to push
the power button.

--
Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - So far G-d has helped us.