It is a long story, but I needed to set up the server to send and
receive faxes.  To this end I installed Hylafax which said it needed an
email server.  So I set up postfix, which needed dovecot, which needed,
at minimum, pam.

I have all of that working except I have no idea (from the online how
tos) to setup a data base of users, addresses, and passwords.

Anyone have time to help?  My presence on the list is sporatic,
depending on my break times at work.  I am usually at the keyboard at
the server mornings from 8:00 am to 9:00 am.  At work I might be found
reading my email at 12:00 am to 12:15 am, 2:15 pm to 2:30 mp, 4:15 pm
to 4:45 pm and 6:45 pm to 7:00 pm.  Of course I cann't do much then but
accept your condolences.

For now if you would point me at some instructions on how to set up the
data base, I would be most grateful.

Neal