Ryan Coleman writes:
>> On Jul 28, 2015, at 6:15 PM, Brian Wood <woodbrian77 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I took the parts here
>>
>> http://maxcomputer1.com/ <http://maxcomputer1.com/>
>>
>> He had a bench and work area and I was able to have input in the
>> process and watch what he was doing. His verdict was that the power
>> converter (supply) and motherboard are bad and that the cpu and ram
>> are good.   He also charged less than Microcenter wanted.
>>
>> I was surprised the power converter was bad, but he checked it
>> several times.
>
> I?m not. I commented on that item specifically. $10-15 would have
confirmed that,
> but it would have required a functioning motherboard to be certain.
Although you
> could have tested the PSU with a $5 multimeter and a paperclip (to short
the
> ?power on? pair) without much trouble.

I've remained surprised and enough so that today I tested the
power converter in one of my other computers.  That computer
worked fine for the 15 minutes or so I left it on.  Now I'm not sure
what to think about the rest of what he told me.  I think I believe
him about the motherboard being bad and I want to believe him
about the cpu and ram being good, but ...

--
Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - In G-d we trust.