Everything beyond v28 is now at 5000. At 5000, feature flags were
enabled so that you wouldn't have to worry about features in the
different versions. Those features are held in the pool, so if you
import into another distro, ZFS will know what features are there,
rather than version numbers. Features have to be written to not disable
pool operations if that features isn't enabled on the importing distro.

Once you go up in versions, you can go backwards. The oracle version,
last time I looked, was at about 32. So once you import into oracle zfs
you can never go back again. But you can import a free and open pool
into oracle zfs.

linda