That looks pretty cool, but again, wayyyy over complicated. All I need to
monitor is whether a bunch of webservers are up, not really my internal
network.

I really ind of wish Nagios had a decent configuration system. I love text
files but seriously guys...

I'm really looking for a solution I can apt-get install... this is the
point where I want something that Just Works. If it'll take longer to
download/set up/learn to configure/mess with configuration than it will
for me to write something simple, I'll just go write it! But I'd love
something that's aleady tried and tested.