On 2014.11.19 10:11, Ryan Coleman wrote:

>> On Nov 19, 2014, at 9:53 AM, Mark Goodell <goodell70 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> John, Is there any chance of a person's trying to load BSD (preferably a "light" version) onto a laptop
>> at the meeting?
>> Thank you (and thank you for doing all of this stuff for everyone).
>> Mark
>

> What’s the intent of the BSD laptop? X in BSD is, IMO (after 10 years of use) bloated.
I don't know what you mean by this. X is X and it's what you put on top of it
that can make it bloated. None of the (base) BSDs prefers any DE over another,
and FreeBSD in particular doesn't even ship with X. PC-BSD prefers its new,
very light, DE Lumina, but you'll find lots of support from the PC-BSD people
for a bunch of DEs and WMs.