Explaining Why We Don't Endorse Other Systems
<http://www.gnu.org/distros/common-distros.html> is good for getting clear
why RMS doesn't support nearly any distro.  i agree ubuntu has gone wacko
invasive, but so far feel ok using lubuntu or ubuntustudio.  like most of
linuxland, i prefer libre, but still want to see DVDs i borrow from my
public library, sites that use flash, et al, so yes, i check the "3rd
party" box, that's still better than needing a microsapple box isn't it?

I should also mention that https://www.debian.org/ is also an FOSS