I guess the issue I was having with BRPCFAX was by -renaming- the BRFAX in cups -GUI- to something like Brother-MFC-J475DW/BRFAX then the BRPCFAX application will not send a .ps file to the fax/machine and lpr output complains. So I guess one has to leave the BRFAX labeled as it. That's what the difference was on the old 10.04 machine was I just didn't notice the BRFAX label was the culprit.

Thank you,

From: pj.world at hotmail.com
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 00:27:01 -0600
Subject: [tclug-list] lpr: The printer or class does not exist.

I made a purchase on a brother MFC-J475DW printer.

I connected it to use wirelessly on my home network. The printer scanning and printing very very very well.

I have 2 computers with the exact same brother drivers installed. <---- Ubuntu 10.04 & Linux Mint 13

paul at desk/paul-HP ~ $ brpcfax -o fax-number=6127014 /home/paul/Desktop/output.ps
lpr: The printer or class does not exist. <----on the Linux Mint 13 machine.

On the 10.04 machine it dials up right on the printer within 3 seconds. What gives could this be a kernel issue? The permissions for brfaxfilter are set exactly the same on both the computers.

Please give me some suggestions my mind is confused.

Thank you,