After doing an upgrade to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (don't do that*) I find the need for a newer
video card than the _really_ old PCI card I have in the computer running a webserver.
Hardly ever use it for GUI... but its unusable for GUI now.

Anything PCI Express x16 from the last decade would probably work... even PCI Express x1
or plain old PCI, if it is newer than what I have.

* "Upgrading" to 14.04 was terrible - worst upgrade I've ever had on an Ubuntu platform.
They broke everything.  Randomly uninstalled packages like mysql and random apache
extensions.  And then everything else that depended on MySQL.  Broke MySql with their
upstart mess, even after reinstalling it.  Broke Apache, by not migrating config files.
Erased my existing config files, without asking me, when moving to their new config file
format.

And to top it all off, the XServer now just segfaults when I try to log on, and I can't
use any of the TTY terminals, as they are a garbled mess.  Don't care to deal with it... a
different video card will likely sort it out.

Sigh.  "Progress".

This kind of stuff was why I stopped running redhat long ago.. because Ubuntu was so much
better at handling things... for a while.  Who is good at it now?

Thanks,

Dan