I think my statement after that completely supported my stance:

If you are hard on computers you should spend more for something that will take the work. If you are only doing WP and surfing then you are fine with something cheaper. If you have history of dropping computers and don’t want to replace them every other year then don’t get a plastic-shelled computer.