\On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 7:13 PM, paul g <pj.world at hotmail.com> wrote:
> The thing that is upsetting for me is that Gnome 3 is preinstalled on Debian
> Wheezy, I do not like Gnome 3. I have used Debian Wheezy a little bit with a
> Sony Viao Laptop I own [it's currently installed on that pc] as of now.
> Initally after installation I struggled with  Adobe-flashplayer under
> iceweasel. Still Adobe-flashplayer is not installed under iceweasel. Can't
> login to hotmail or gmail with iceweasel. I have been told that Google
> Chrome will support flash on Wheezy. I have not tried it personally yet.

There are ISOs for Wheezy using the XFCE desktop.  I dropped Gnome a
few years ago and haven't looked back.

64 bit: http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.4.0/amd64/iso-cd/debian-7.4.0-amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso
32 bit: http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.4.0/i386/iso-cd/debian-7.4.0-i386-xfce-CD-1.iso
PPC: http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.4.0/powerpc/iso-cd/debian-7.4.0-powerpc-xfce-CD-1.iso

I think you'll find XFCE simple, lightweight, and fast.  Much closer
to what you're used to with Gnome 2.

Flash does work on Wheezy.  You need to add the non-free repo, here's
a good walkthrough:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/debian-linux-7-wheezy-install-flash-player/

I use flash on my Wheezy box (amd64) without issues.  It does seem to
work better in Chrome than iceweasel.

Brian