/home/paul/.cache/mozilla/firefox
/home/paul/.mozilla/firefox
/home/paul/.mozilla/firefox/bkbapzwn.default/extensions/firefox at ghostery.com.xpi
/home/paul/.mozilla/firefox/bkbapzwn.default/jetpack/firefox at ghostery.com
/home/paul/Downloads/tor-browser_en-US/.mozilla/firefox
/home/paul/Downloads/tor-browser_en-US/App/Firefox/firefox
/home/paul/Downloads/tor-browser_en-US/App/Firefox/firefox-bin
/opt/firefox
/opt/firefox/firefox
/opt/firefox/firefox-bin
/usr/share/app-install/desktop/firefox-greasemonkey.desktop
/usr/share/app-install/desktop/firefox-launchpad-plugin.desktop
/usr/share/app-install/desktop/firefox-ubuntu-it-menu.desktop
/usr/share/app-install/desktop/firefox-webdeveloper.desktop
/usr/share/app-install/desktop/firefox.desktop
/usr/share/app-install/icons/firefox-greasemonkey.xpm
/usr/share/app-install/icons/firefox-installer.png
/usr/share/app-install/icons/firefox-launchpad-plugin.xpm
/usr/share/app-install/icons/firefox-themes-ubuntu.xpm
/usr/share/app-install/icons/firefox-ubuntu-it-menu.png
/usr/share/app-install/icons/firefox-webdeveloper.xpm
/usr/share/icons/firefox.jpg
/usr/share/ubuntu-docs/common/prepare-firefox-startpage-translations
/usr/share/ubuntu-docs/libs/img/firefox-3.5.png
paul at paul-desktop:~$

paul at paul-desktop:~$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games

Obviously /usr/opt is not shown in the above output.

paul at paul-desktop:~$ sudo updatedb
paul at paul-desktop:~$ locate -b bash
/bin/bash
/bin/rbash
/etc/bash.bashrc
/etc/bash_completion
/etc/bash_completion.d
/etc/apparmor.d/abstractions/bash
/etc/bash_completion.d/bash-builtins
/etc/bash_completion.d/gvfs-bash-completion.sh
/etc/bash_completion.d/pk-completion.bash
/etc/skel/.bash_logout
/etc/skel/.bashrc
/home/paul/.bash_history
/home/paul/.bash_logout
/home/paul/.bashrc

to add the entire following line----> export Path=$PATH:/opt/firefox

Do I include the word 'export'?

For a deep system wide approach would '/home/paul/.bashrc' be the correct file to edit in this case that sticks for all sessions?

I am not seeing a '.bash_profile' file after using 'locate -b bash' I read you said I could edit either of the 2 files. Maybe the .bash_profile file is on different distro's I do not know yet.

Thanks