For printers, if the print natively speaks PostScript, no problem. Just
throw print jobs at it. If you want to used the advanced features of a
printer, you can usually extract the PPD from the Windows driver package if
the manufacturer doesn't offer a PPD download. If the printer doesn't speak
PostScript, it's either going to have GhostScript drivers or it's not going
to work at all. Even with GhostScript drivers you're going to be in for a
world of hurt if you get too far off the beaten path with uncommon
hardware.

I deal with two Konica Minotal BizHubs (big copier printer fax machines) at
work, and have dealt with similar units at previous employers. I am not
exactly a fan. The Mac drivers and PPDs are a mess. Simple things like
duplex printing are not available, but if you dig in to the custom options
for the printer you'll find two sided printing buried in the options.
Support for the latest OS X? Nah, after a couple years don't expect
updates, if you're lucky the drivers for an OS or two back will work on the
latest version. To work around some of the quirks I have 4 different queues
setup on my print server (normal B&W, duplex B&W, normal color, duplex
color)

All printers suck, Konica Minolta goes the extra mile to suck harder than
most, which is too bad. Hardware wise they are great machines, very
reliable. If you're dealing with a Windows only office you should have no
problem as long as you can tolerate their not intuitive device controls and
web configuration. Under the hood, pretty sure the software to run and
configure these machines was designed by the same engineers who created the
hardware. Nobody with a background in UI created this interface.

I hate printers. :)

--
Andrew Zbikowski
http://andy.zibnet.us/