Google Authenticator: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Authenticator .
It has nothing to do with searching.
Linux PAM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_PAM . This is a common method
of modifying or adjusting how users authenticate on Linux.
Google Authenticator + PAM http://code.google.com/p/google-authenticator/ .
This provides Google Authenticator support via PAM.
Google Authenticator + LUKS would be using two-factor authentication to
unlock LUKS.

LUKS can use PAM as part of it's authentication.
PAM can tie into Google Authenticator to provide 2 factor Auth.
Google Authenticator + PAM requires access to an unencrypted home directory
to work, since it stores an 'rc file' ( rc files are commonly configuration
files)
Google Authenticator + PAM + LUKS doesn't work 'out of the box' due to the
conflicting requirements.