Paul,

There's a lot of idealism in the Free Software movement.

...and then there are the fundamentalists, like RMS. "My way or NO way"
kind of people.

Was it RMS who contacted our (yes, our own TCLUG) and say he'll come talk
to us... if we change the name of our group to the Twin Cities GNU/Linux
User's Group? But we all decided that TCG/LUG sounded a bit silly?

Apply a huge grain of salt when you listen to fundamentalists, no matter
what their field.