Replies inline...

On Wed, 12 Mar 2014, Jeff Chapin wrote:

> I like to assume my correspondents don't need to re-read the full email
> chain every time,

Back In The Day(tm) we used to delete parts of the message that were no
longer relevant.

Back In The Day(tm) we also had 300baud modems and sending a 1K text file
took forever. So you cut down wherever you could.

Nowadays I could attach a video of my cat playing Fruit Ninja to this
email and nobody would even notice that it took longer to get there.

By the way, just in case this DOES get out of hand, I'm being somewhat
tongue-in-cheek here. I actually wrote an article for an edition of
Internet Magazine (which, ironically, was a print magazine) back in 1997
or something ranting about how "normal" people were ruining "our"
internet, with their top-replies and their geocities websites with purple
text on green background and the BLINK tag. And this was BEFORE Flash...
so I like to occasionally put my Grumpy Old "I've Been Using The Internet
Since The 80s" hat and tell people to get off my digital lawn.