Course I'm not using ECC RAM. This is a home system (:

The data is... well, be nice if it didn't get corrupted, but if a video
file gets a small glitch in it, it's not a huge deal. I can always rerip
one disc if I need to. I also figured that's why I have two smaller raidz1
(which is equivalent to raid5, right?) pools - it should be able to fix
the occasional checksum error.

I've not seen any crop up on this setup until that scrub, which was after
I copied and erased about 8TB a couple of times. So not super worried.

I can't really not use the filesystem during a scrub, since a scrub takes
over 24 hours. I could restrict it to read-only.

Hey, that reminds me, for some reason the thing mounts as read-only when I
reboot. And since it's not in fstab I don't know where to fix that...
anyone?...