OK -- so understanding the numbers on modes:

There are three sets of permissions, those for the OWNER, the GROUP and
WORLD.

Each permission set is controlled by a bit string that is 4 bits long.

If the first bit is a 1, then that group has read permissions.

A bit string (base 2) of 0001 has a decimal value of 1 because 0x2^3 +
0x2^2 + 0x2^1 + 1x2^0 = 1 and corresponds to execute permission

A bit string (base 2) of 0010 has a decimal value of 2 because 0x2^3 +
0x2^2 + 1x2^1 + 0x2^0 = 2 and corresponds to write permission

A bit string (base 2) of 0100 has a decimal value of 4 because 0x2^3 +
1x2^2 + 0x2^1 + 0x2^0 = 4 and corresponds to read permission

The fourth bit is used for special permissions like "the sticky bit" and is
really beyond the basics.

Now, because the values of 1, 2 and 4 are bit-independent, any combination
of those values is the equivilant of 'OR'ing the bit strings.

So, if we want read and write permission we want both 4 and 2. That is we
want the bit mask to be 011. Which is 0x2^3 + 1x2^2 + 1x2^1 + 0x2^0 = 6.
Which is what you get if you add 4 + 2.

So a mask of, say 751 is RWX for Owner, R+X for Group and R for World.

As for which link to follow --- without your box in front of me to
troubleshoot, I really can't say "here's what to do."

However, I'd start with setting your library to minimal permission since
what you're getting is a permissions error. That would be at least as
strict as 660.

I would also then check that your users are in the same group as your print
service -- which is usually 'wheel,' but not always.