Earlier this month there was a conference in Oslo that was
largely about C++.  Now I've received news of an upcoming
C++ conference in Madrid:

"We are arranging the 2014 edition of using std::cpp for the Spanish C++
community, to be held Oct 28 in the University Carlos III campus in
Leganés, Madrid, Spain:

http://usingstdcpp.org/

The call for talks is open till July 15th to anyone interested and in a
position to make it to Madrid on Oct 28"

I guess the Twin Cities could be described as a C++ desert.
I don't think I'll be going to Madrid, but hope that others here
are interested in forming a C++ users group.?

--
Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - In G-d we trust.