On 06/19 06:42 , Ryan Coleman wrote:
> I prefer to rent the modem, it saves me headaches and I’ve had to replace hardware after storms a few time.

I see the economic benefits of buying a device rather than renting it, but
on the other hand when it comes time to replace the thing for one reason or
another (speed upgrade, device burnout, whatever), it's really convenient to
just say "give me a new one" and the company hands you a new one. Normally
I'm all in favor of owning a device rather than renting it, but I've come to
look at these as disposable, shoddy things and I rent mine.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator