On 01/27/2014 05:11 PM, tclug at freakzilla.com wrote:
> How exactly does this jeopardize my freedom?...
>
> On Mon, 27 Jan 2014, Max Shinn wrote:
>
>> This looks like a threat for those of us who want libre phones...
>>
>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/23/legislation-phone-thefts_n_4653392.html
>>

>> Thoughts?
>>
>> -Max

First thing that happens, is kill switch is controlled by carrier, and
if you are communicating during a protest, your phone goes dead, until
you prove you are not a criminal.  :)

Next thing that happens, is kill switch is controlled by carrier, and if
you yell at your customer service representative, she will make your
phone go dead, until you pay extra fees.  :)

Next thing that happens, is kill switch is controlled by carrier, and if
your dossier at NSA is flagged, you will be unable to call your lawyer,
because your carrier has been ordered to make your phone dead.  :)

Your freedom to communicate is as diminished as your voting rights that
were eliminated when Bush switched to proprietary electronic voting systems.
Tom