I can't speak for Chris, but one of the attractions of ZFS on Linux (vs.
FreeBSD or FreeNAS) is KVM. Linux jails on FreeNAS and (eventually) bhyve
on FreeBSD may mitigate this to some degree, but it's awfully nice to
combine the certainty of ZFS with the capability of flexible
virtualization.

Thomas