Quoting Andrew Berg <robotsondrugs at gmail.com>:

> Since the next meeting is all about ZFS and I will be bringing my
> machine running FreeBSD and ZFS on root, and because of the release of
> FreeBSD 10 (builds have started; I expect there will be an official
> announcement in the next day or two), I thought I'd give a short
> talk on
> FreeBSD if there is some interest. Things I would cover:
>
> - Philosophical differences between Linux and the BSDs (mostly
> design and technical aspects, but I will touch on licensing)
> - Upgrades/updates to the base system vs. updates/upgrades to
> third-party software and package management (ports/pkgng) in FreeBSD
> - Some cool new things in FreeBSD 10
> - An overview of the other BSDs
> - Any questions you may have
>
> I'm open to suggestions as well, so let me know if you'd like me to
> go over anything else.

Hi Andrew-

I'd be interested to know where FreeBSD stands as a desktop? In years
past I read that PCBSD was making strides, but why would I want to it
as a desktop now? I don't know if this is an appropriate venue to ask
this question? I know FreeBSD rawks as a stand alone server. One
complain from a friend year back is that it didn't really have a
strong support for virtualization and clustering. Also, interested in
hearing the original topic on ZFS.

Thanks,
SDA