I also use pfSense at home and work.  At work it's virtualized (ESXi) and
at home it's on a netgate device.  Runs great on very little hardware.

IPv6 has been up and running stable on 2.1 (was doable before then but now
it's fully implemented).  Wireless N is up to the BSD folks to get drivers
set, although a B/G/N card will be recognized it won't run at N speeds. All
the goods Erik points out and my OpenVPN tunnels stay stable forever if
needed on very low specs.  Highly suggest checking it out.