Hi all,

I'm a little stuck on an Apache configuration issue. I'm using Ubuntu as my
server.

I am using PHP as an Apache module for most of my site (and that's working
great), but I have an application (mapserver) that needs to use PHP in CGI
mode. I'd like to use CGI just for the mapserver directory.

I'm using the php_sapi_name() function to determine how PHP is being served.

print php_sapi_name();

With the PHP module disabled, PHP is served/interpreted correctly with CGI.

If I enable the PHP Apache module it is served/interpreted correctly with
the Apache module.

So, I have both pieces working, I just can't figure out how to specify
which to use for a specific directory. Most of the search results I've
found assume that I don't have CGI working or that I wish to switch between
the two.

I tried disabling PHP in the specific directory, but then the PHP file is
sent to the browser without being interpreted.

<Directory /path/to/cgi/application/>
  php_admin_value engine Off
</Directory>

How can I tell Apache to serve PHP in /path/to/cgi/application/ using CGI?

Thanks,

Michael Moore