Thank you for all your wonderful help with the discussion on passwords and encryption. I appreciate all the helpfulness and the points.

Paul G

Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 11:00:27 -0600
From: david.wagle at gmail.com
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Do strong root passwords prevent alternative	access?

I agree - that's a debate better served with beer :)

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Erik Anderson <erikerik at gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:19 AM, David Wagle <david.wagle at gmail.com> wrote:

That kind of depends on how you define "data security." Many people use the term in the sense of not merely denying access of the data to those without proper authorization but also of ensuring access for those who do have proper authorization. In the latter case,  availability is part of security.

I'd argue that's an incorrect definition of security, but that's neither here nor there. I don't want to dive too far into pedantism. :)

tclug-list at mn-linux.org