That kind of depends on how you define "data security." Many people use the
term in the sense of not merely denying access of the data to those without
proper authorization but also of ensuring access for those who do have
proper authorization. In the latter case,  availability is part of
security.

Which is about the only thing stopping some data security guys from pulling
all the wires off, encasing the hard drives in 3' of concrete and sinking
them in the middle of the Pacific :)