Sorry, no. That's like me saying "I'm a new driver maybe I should try
driving stick" and you suggesting I build an F-18 from scratch and then
drop off a cliff with it.

I've been using Linux since before there were distributions, and there's a
reason I use Ubuntu. I can get it to do what I want WITHOUT wanting to
shoot myself.

I've always thought Arch was interesting, and a bit ago decided to give it
a try. So I set up a VM, pointed it at the Arch installaiton medium and
watched it not even be able to get past it's own setup.

You can be an extremely skilled Linux user (and UNIX admin) without ever
touching anything like Arch. It helps to know how to build your own stuff,
of course, and knowing the internals, but, again, that's like asking a
mechanic to manufacture parts themselves.