You know I dabbled a bit with OpenSUSE. I just don't have the experience with windows managers. I even set-up a sli-taz machine. I really need nothing off the computer but I like the fact that the 10.04 is so well documented , yes I know it's old I guess it gives me a noober a sense of comfort somehow that I do just not get with the latest releases. The 'dd' command works fine for me. I even recently learned that in order to install Debian Wheezy 7.0 or whatnot I needed to partition the thumb drive for MS-Dos 16 not Fat32 to copy the image. Any reccomendations for a noob like me as far as a newer operating system on my laptop would be wonderful. Thank you for your time I wish I knew more.

Thank You.