That's the thing, zero errors anywhere. Nothing in zpool status, nothing
in syslog, I ran a scrub... it's maddening.

I'd have to move to something else, too, since everything else needs md
sitting in the middle...

It's driving me nuts sinc it DID work perfectly, and then started doing
this. The hardware is all new and I tested all the drives to an insane
degree before using them. And they're drives that are meant for NAS.