On Sat, 8 Feb 2014, Jake Vath wrote:

> What kernel version are you running?

   sterling at cockerel:/home/sterling> uname -a
   Linux cockerel 3.5.0-45-generic #68-Ubuntu SMP Mon Dec 2 21:58:52 UTC
   2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

This is several Ubuntus ago, I'm tempted to do an upgrade but I have a
bunch of custom code things running there and I've not had time to make a
full OS backup...

And in case you want this too:

   sterling at cockerel:/home/sterling> dpkg --list|grep zfs
   ii  dkms
   2.2.0.3-1.1ubuntu1.1+zfs6~quantal1     all          Dynamic Kernel
   Module Support Framework
   ii  libzfs1                               0.6.2-1~quantal
   amd64        Native ZFS filesystem library for Linux
   ii  mountall                              2.42ubuntu0.4-zfs2
   amd64        filesystem mounting tool
   ii  ubuntu-zfs                            7~quantal
   amd64        Native ZFS filesystem metapackage for Ubuntu.
   ii  zfs-dkms                              0.6.2-1~quantal
   amd64        Native ZFS filesystem kernel modules for Linux
   ii  zfsutils                              0.6.2-1~quantal
   amd64        Native ZFS management utilities for Linux

There is something I noticed when I looked at the FS options; I have this
guy:

   media  sharenfs              off                    default

I am sharing this guy over NFS, I'm not sure if setting this option
somehow optimises the pool for it or if it's just a way to write the
/etc/exports/whatever file. Google/Oracle's documentation on the subject
is lacking (: