On 12/30/2014 1:16 PM, paul g wrote:
> Bob, I appreciate your input but someone that is let's just say
> 'challenged' mentally such as myself could have bigger/broader problems
> with Slackware possibly. What are your thoughts on this?

No.  It's probably the easiest to use in my opinion.  For starters it
works.  Beyond that Slackware has a huge fantastic community for help &
advice.  Fire it up.  You might like it.

I've been using it since the mid 90's, and absolutely love it.

No one can truely answer your original question but you.  Just keep
trying them until you find the right fit.  This right distro is out
there for you somewhere.