Greg the situation is with the newer Debian 3.13.0-24-generic kernel. There is just this 'HUGE' bug with the dvd/cd mount. We all know I am not a computer scientist but even someone like me has to wonder why this is. I am running Mint 17 on this particular system that I am typing this message on right now. Well, I appreciate your thoughts on this matter and happy holidays to you.😊From: tclug1 at whitleymott.net
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 13:37:31 -0600
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Manjero or Mint?

bigger/broader problems with Slackware possibly. What are your thoughts on this?

from what i read debian is likely more challenging than slackware.  if you want an easier experience, i suggest lubuntu, xubuntu, ubuntustudio, edubuntu.  i don't suggest ubuntu, debian, or fedora.  i hear good things about mint, suse, and many others of course, but the ?*ubuntu flavors benefit from the huge repositories.  as always ymmv..