Should still work. Here's how I'd run it on one of my servers:

sterling at rooster:/home/sterling$ for ip in 192.168.0.100 192.168.0.65
192.168.0.74; do
> host $ip
> done
100.0.168.192.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer tiger.yaron.org.
65.0.168.192.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer wyvern.yaron.org.
74.0.168.192.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer dragon.yaron.org.

If it's not working for you, try just "host ip_address". If that fails,
too, you have some weird DNS stuff going on.