Has anyone setup Google Chromecast with Mint 17?  Manual setup doesn't
seem to recognize it.  I receive "We can't seem to connect to your
Chromecast."

I do see my Chromecast7084 when I scan networks and I have my television
set to its HDMI port and the TV screen give the "set me up" message.

I've read there might be an iptables problem, but
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range shows 32768 61000, which I
believe is necessary to use Chromecast.

This is frustrating as Linux isn't sanctioned with Chromecast but I've
read it should work.  It seems it should be quite easy but is proving to
be quite frustrating.