On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 10:08 PM, o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings
>
> Running Debian Jessie here in the wilds (seriously country although my wife
> and I get to the Twin Cities a number of times a year for some culture (!)
> ). Tried to use k3b to burn a bluray disc to back up my RAID 10 array.

A quick Google search turned up this article:
http://allgood38.io/burn-bluray-data-disks-on-linux-minimize-coasters.html

It appears that burning BluRay is error prone, hence a step-by-step
guide with some very specific steps.  It is very clear that cdrtools
must be built from source, not using the Debian packages.  That is
likely why none of the tools are working for you.

Give this a try and see if you have any luck.

Brian