Hello,
I am interested in gaining an understanding of Linux. We have a data
acquisition system at work that runs on Linux and I would like to
understand file/directory structures, editing, scripting etc. I have no
prior UNIX/Linux experience. Does the TCLUG ever put on training? I see
that you have an installfest in October. I am considering bringing an
older, rarely used PC to have it loaded with Linux at your event.

In the mean time can you suggest any training or other resources that will
bring me up to speed quickly? I am an engineer by vocation and have a good
comfort level with computers. I occasionally do some PLC programming. Just
looking for the best way to get up to speed and to do it economically.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may offer,
Dennis