Hello,

I have a print server setup on a home network and the print server is running linux-mint-maya 13 with mate desktop.
I have xsane setup and it scans properly over the network also
Re-reading the article in the link posted below I came across post #4 in the article.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1519201&highlight=setup+xsane
Post#4
Stating
 'Updated the guide as the sane daemon can be used without running as
root by simply adding the saned user to the lp group (which is naturally
 better for security). '

How can I perform this step easily is it really very necessary?
 am just not understanding how to properly add 'the saned user' to the
'lp' group? <-------is it meaning 'saned user' is the admin labeled on the
print server? So literally just tick' the admin user name as it shows up
 in 'lp'? Well that is already ticked.

I have enclosed 2 attachments of the screenshots taken from the admins Mate Desktop.
I apologize for not knowing more I am a Noob.
Thank you,