> It works at the office, but not at home.  The Debian and
> Fedora tests I did earlier were also at home.  So I'm not
> sure what the problem is.   When it worked at the office,
> I hoped it would also be fine at home.

Do you have 802.11G at the office but 802.11N at home or some other
configuration like that?

My network card doesn't work well with 802.11N in some configurations, but
is rock solid under 802.11G.

> I haven't figured out how to get a terminal on Ubuntu yet.

You can probably type Alt-F2, then type "gnome-terminal" and hit enter.

Did you ever figure out which chipset you have? Once you get a terminal
open, run this command

lspci -v | grep -i net -A 8

and send the response.to the list.

--